Five Common Reasons for Business Disputes in Washington, DC
The world of business is a space of cooperation, collaboration and competition. The goal of every company is to do better than its competitors, grow and be profitable. Each business wants a slice of the pie, and this often causes legal disputes between companies or among internal stakeholders within a company.
A good legal service like the legal office of Tobin, O'Connor and Ewing can help you or your business receive proper representation in a court of law.
Five Common Dispute Reasons in Washington, DC
At Tobin, O'Connor and Ewing, we handle many legal disputes every day. Common issues include:
- Breach of Contract - If one party in a business contract fails to uphold obligations stipulated in the document or agreement, the other party may sue for financial compensation resulting from the breach of contract. A judge will come to a ruling depending upon the amount of provable financial loss and the severity of the breach.
- Employment and Regulatory Litigation - Regulations and other issues regarding business conduct toward employees as well as toward the environment can often lead to lengthy or costly disputes between city agencies, workers and business owners. These are often quite complicated and require the assistance of an experienced legal advocate on both sides.
- Premises Liability - If someone is injured on a business-owned property, the business may be liable for both compensatory and punitive damages. Businesses may dispute who is liable for an individual's medical damages and may require a legal advocate to present a case in court.
- Shareholder Disputes - Internal disputes over finances and company direction between partners, directors and shareholders in a business may require a legal representative to ensure that contracts are upheld and finances lawfully apportioned.
- Fraud - If one party in a business relationship misrepresents information that leads the other party to lose money, the victim party may be able to receive financial compensation. A business dispute lawyer in Washington, DC is essential for both parties to ensure equitable, fair results from a court of law.
To discuss how we may help you achieve your legal objectives, contact Tobin, O’Connor & Ewing. We can be your best resource, and we look forward to serving you.