Washington DC Corporation Litigation Lawyer
Every corporation faces situations in which it needs legal representation. Such situations can include everything from executive compensation negotiations to unexpected shareholder derivative suits. At Tobin, O’Connor & Ewing, our Washington DC corporation litigation lawyer in Washington, D.C. have the experience and foresight to help your company avoid litigation when possible—and the knowledge and skill to help your company prevail when corporation litigation becomes unavoidable.
Washington, D.C. corporation litigation attorneys
Corporations in the Washington, D.C. area may require the services of a corporation litigation law firm for any number of reasons:
- Compliance with local laws and federal regulations. The long-time corporation litigation lawyers of Tobin, O’Connor & Ewing have extensive knowledge of the laws, regulations, and permitting requirements that affect our clients. Whatever your business, we can guide you through the legal maze created by the interaction of city, state, and federal law.
- Labor and contract disputes. Washington, D.C. corporate law creates innumerable situations in which a seemingly simple disagreement can lead to litigation. Tobin, O’Connor & Ewing can help—whether you want to enforce a no-compete clause against a former employee or officer, or defend against a scurrilous employment discrimination lawsuit.
- Breach of contract. Despite the best intentions on both sides, business-to-business contracts can lead to disputes. Our experienced corporation litigation attorneys in Washington, D.C. will help you draft clear and precise contracts that allow you to avoid disputes in the first place, and will take the matter to court if unavoidable contract disputes cannot be resolved in other ways.
- Shareholder derivative suits. We represent both angered shareholders seeking to correct corporate officer or board member malfeasance and protect the value of their investment, and corporations and corporate officers seeking to defend themselves from such suits. No matter what your needs might be, Tobin, O’Connor & Ewing have the corporation litigation attorney who can help.
- Tax compliance. Corporate taxation can be complex, especially in light of recently increased government scrutiny and disclosure requirements. As experienced corporate taxation lawyers in Washington, D.C., Tobin, O’Connor & Ewing can help you avoid IRS scrutiny and litigation while keeping your corporate tax burden to a minimum.
Tobin, O’Connor & Ewing have all the advantage and experience of a large firm, but the individual attention and focused service of a small firm. We strive to see your business from your perspective, to anticipate your needs, and to foresee and avoid obstacles to your success. We work hard to make ourselves and our expertise available to all of our clients all of the time.
Experienced Corporate Litigation Lawyers in Washington, D.C.
When you need the services of a Washington DC corporation litigation lawyer, let Tobin, O’Connor & Ewing put its knowledge and experience to work for you. Call 202-362-5900 today or contact us online to schedule a free 30-minute initial consultation. Our office is conveniently located in the Chevy Chase Pavilion, easily accessible from the Friendship Heights Metro station. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve your legal objectives.