Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Tobin O'Conner & Ewing Practicality in Practice
  • ~ Washington DC Business Law Attorneys ~

Work Visa Options

If you’re seeking a work visa to do business in Washington, DC, you have several different choices. These make a difference in determining what sort of work you are able to do. We urge you to contact Tobin, O’Connor and Ewing today if you need support and consultation about how to begin doing business in the United States. We will provide you with expert advice and assist you in every step of the process.

Types of Work Visas

You do not need a visa of any sort if your business in Washington, DC will take less than 90 days. For business visas exceeding 90 days, you will need to apply for one of the following work visa types.

  • B-1 Visa – This business visa allows you to conduct temporary business in the United States. Approved business affairs include consulting with business associates, attending professional conventions, settling estates or negotiating contracts.

  • H-1B Visa – This work visa is given to individuals with at least a Bachelor’s degree or other equivalent seeking to perform specialty services. H-1B Visa applicants must have the sponsorship of an employer. While HB-1 Visas do not always allow you to apply for a green card, they are often the first step toward lawful immigration and residency.

  • K Visa – If you are engaged to be married to an American citizen and wish to work in the United States, you may apply for a K-1 visa for yourself and K-2 visas for children under 18 years of age. K-3 visas may be obtained by fiancées of American citizens who are only seeking temporary employment in the United States. K visas allow their recipients to apply for U.S. work permits.

  • EB-5 Visa – If you invest at least $1 million in the United States economy and create at least ten jobs for U.S. residents or citizens, you may apply for an EB-5 visa to become a permanent working resident in Washington, DC Metro area.

To discuss how we may help you achieve your legal objectives, contact Tobin, O’Connor & Ewing. We can be your best resource, and we look forward to serving you.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn

By submitting this form I acknowledge that form submissions via this website do not create an attorney-client relationship, and any information I send is not protected by attorney-client privilege.

Skip footer and go back to main navigation