Employment Law in Washington D.C.
Whether you are involved in a contract dispute, have suffered discrimination, or harassment in Washington D.C., it is recommended to employ the services of a reliable law firm specialized in employment law. A law firm with sound advocacy, experience, and record of results can help you receive fair compensation for the wrong done to you. If you are interested in protecting your rights in an employment legal matter and the stakes are high, contact a law firm with the experience and strategy to protect your rights.
Tobin O’Connor & Ewing specializes in employment law, labor disputes and employment immigration law in Washington D.C. We can assist you in the following legal matters:
- Contract disputes: we represent executives and professionals in both litigating employment contract disputes and negotiating employment contracts, including those involving severance packages, non-compete agreements, and employment law agreements.
- Discrimination: our attorneys are specialized in employment law and can assist you in job discrimination disputes, for retaliation or wrongful termination based on national origin, race, age, gender, religion, disability, or pregnancy, for retaliation or wrongful termination based on discrimination.
- Harassment: Tobin O’Connor & Ewing represents victims of sexual harassment, we can help you take appropriate legal action in order to assert your rights and can recover fair financial compensation.
- Medical leave issues: law firms specialized in employment law and labor disputes can counsel and represent ill and disabled individuals to secure rightful medical leave in order to care of themselves or their family members.
- Wage and hour claims: our employment lawyers represent workers in wage and hour disputes, unpaid overtime or misclassification.
- Whistleblower Claims: our law firms specializes in employment law, we also represent employees with whistleblower claims.
- Federal employee rights: Tobin O’Connor can also deal with the unique legal issues related to federal employment law and represent federal government workers in Washington, D.C. in discipline and removal proceedings, and EEOC litigation.
Our experienced attorneys in Washington D.C. will provide you with the necessary advice to protect your rights. We always provide straightforward advice and have the client’s best interests at the forefront of their every decision.
Regarding the public sector, all employees of federal departments have the right to equal employment opportunities regardless of:
- National Origin
- prior EEO activity
If you feel that you are a victim of unlawful discrimination based upon any of the above criteria, it is recommended to contact Tobin o’Connor & Ewing. Our experienced lawyers are in Washington D.C. and can represent you at every stage of the EEO process.
We are experts in mediation, settlement, and trial. Do not delay filling your complaint because in an EEOC litigation you must contact an EEO counselor at your agency within (45) calendar days of the discriminatory action. After the formal complaint has been pending for more than (180) days you may file in federal court at any point. In EEOC litigation matters, before a private lawsuit may be filed in court, it is required to fill first a charge with EEOC.
In order to learn more about EEOC litigation you may download a free Guide to Filing a Claim with the U.S. EEOC. You can also learn more about filling a charge with EEOC by visiting the official website, at http://www.eeoc.gov/field/washington/charge.cfm.